Video Management System
a video management system is designed to cater for viewing, management and recording for a large number of cameras. Video surveillance systems of today often have hundreds or thousands of security cameras and have the same requirements as in IT: communication over the TCP/IP network along with demands for 24/7 operation, unlimited memory capacity and global access..
A video management system allows manual camera selection and assignment to specific monitors or automatic switching to monitors for camera groups or individual cameras. Personnel no longer need to attend to system operation and control, as the management system controls all picture-switching functions during an alarm as well as at all other times.
1. large number of surveillance cameras and support future expansions
2. Open architecture video management solutions allow integration to many different security systems and business applications
3. Flexibility thanks to the client/server solution
4. Expansion variant and features
5. Integration in third-party vendor systems and universal interfaces
To gain the best performance from your video surveillance system requires more than choosing best-of-breed components to run on an open architecture software platform.